Here is a short list of instructors. Because our training prepares people for a wide variety of skill sets, we do use additional adjunct faculty. Please check back as we are continually updating this page, based on upcoming events.
Casey Fuller – Strategic Firearms Instructor
- Owner and certified Firearms Instructor founded Firearm Safety Group in 2010.
- Grew up in Galesburg, Illinois and is a proud graduate of Missouri Military Academy and achieved his BA from Southern Illinois University in Carbondale, IL.
- Has over 25+ years of firearm experience through JROTC and personal interests.
- NRA Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
- NRA Personal Protection Out Of The Home Instructor
- NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
- NRA Certified Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor
- State of Utah Certified CFP Instructor
- State of Iowa CCW Instructor
- State of Michigan CPL Instructor
- ISSA Certified Personal Trainer.
Matt Numrich, M.A. – Tactical Defense Instructor
- 1 of 12 Midwest Fully Certified in Bruce Lee’s JKD (Bruce Lee > Dan Inosanto > Paul Vunak > Matt Numrich). Certified as highest level: Senior Instructor.
- Certified in the Filipino Martial Arts.
- Recent work with the US Navy and Army.
- Recent contracts with the instructors of the US Air Marshals (O’Hare office) and ATF.
- Published multiple times in Back Belt Magazine.
- Published in Kickboxx (2x), Budo/Black Belt UK/Europe magazines.
- Owner and Chief Instructor of Elite Defense Systems (three total locations), and manager of a 9 member instructor staff.
- Used as a public media resource after the attacks of 9/11, and seen on Chicago TV stations.
Interviewed by dozens of TV, radio, and newspapers across the US, pertaining to his new "Insta-D-Fense" and "Pepper-D-Fense" Home Study Defense Courses.
- Author of "The Complete JKD Street Fighter", a 163 page manuscript.
- Adjunct faculty to "Survive the Street" International Organization.
- Producer of the first self-defense DVD instructional series.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology.
- Master’s Degree in Industrial / Organizational Psychology.
Glenn Suacillo, D.O., F.A.C.O.E.P. – Emergency Medical Instructor
- Residency Trained/Board Certified in Emergency Medicine
- Undergraduate College: Loyola University of Chicago, B.S. Biology 1987-1991
- Medical School: Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, Kansas City, MO. Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.) 1991-1995
- Internship/Residency: P.O.H. Medical Center (Michigan State University), Pontiac, MI. 1995-2000
- Current Employment: Full time emergency physician at Northwest Community Hospital, Arlington Heights, IL since 2000 to Present
- Has also worked at Central DuPage Hospital, Winfield, IL, and Provena Mercy Medical Center, Aurora, IL.
- Certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Professional Memberships: American Osteopathic Association (AOA), American College of Osteopathic Emergency Physicians (ACOEP), Illinois Medical Emergency Response Team (IMERT)
- Training in martial arts since 1983. Training at EDS since 2001, achieved instructor level in 2010.